1. Go out there and shop! Nowadays, in order to dress in vintage styles, you no longer need to dive into your grandma’s closet, or go to the nearest thrift store. These days thrift stores are well aware of the popular demands for vintage. We certainly can pound our high street to search for our popular vintage style fashion.
2. Find yourself a vintage style dress. One thing that is characteristic of the way ladies used to dress is, they always wore a dress. Rain or shine, ladies in the past were always well groomed, with a nicely cut dress. So what kind of dress should we opt for to adopt the past? I would recommend you to choose an era that particularly appeals to you. The 30s are for ladies who embrace their curves, 40s for someone quite petite and gamine, 50s for the cheerful and bright, 60s is the era for someone who’s daring and the 70s for someone who is a bit of a wild child.
3. Well, let’s see what kind of choices we can play with. Imagine yourself wearing a floaty maxi dress with a flower ring in your hair, this would make you a perfect bohemian wild child. A 60s little mini dress in a coral colour, would be really cool for the girlie lady in you who just wants to show off her legs! If you love a bit of drama and colour, a 50s fitted-bodice dress with a big skirt would be ideal for you. For someone who would love to enhance their petite figure, a fitted pencil dress in an eye catching green would fit the bill. How about trying a golden bias-cut number for the sexy 30s vixen in you?
4. To modernise your look, team your dress with some leggings or some colourful tights. This would be the key to give the look a clean update. Casual leggings show you have a practical side which helps to organise your life. Some fun coloured tights would be a cool option to brighten your outfits.
5. What choice of shoes could take your outfit to another level? I would say that some platform boots for the mod-style mini dress would be just perfect. Some creeper shoes would be perfectly sweet with a 30s style long dress, or a 50s swing dress. They’re comfy, and the added platform would give you the extra wow! factor or the height that you need.
6. The perfect make up would be an eyeliner flick and a crimson red lipstick. This is the amazing combination for anybody who wants a glamorous style.